Exercise and Sleep Help Herpes Symptoms
Exercising releases endorphins in you body that help reduce stress, lower your blood pressure, stimulate your brain and change your emotional outlook, not to mention the positive effects it will have on your herpes. Exercising increases your immune system function. Just do what you can, walk, use an exercise bike, swim, play whatever sports you like, just get moving.
We all know that sleep is very important for your health. Without an adequate amount of sleep, you will not remember as much, your mood can be affected, your immune system is weakened, your blood pressure could be affected as well as your metabolism and hormones. Studies have shown chronic lack of sleep may lead to increase risk of certain types of cancers.
Your body restores itself when you sleep, so try to get at least 7-8 hours every night. Don’t make excuses about things you have to do, that show you have to watch (record it), you need your sleep. Only do what absolutely, positively must be done & try to do the rest on your days off.
Make sure not to do anything 1-2 hours before going to bed, except brushing, flossing etc and even that should be done 1 hour before so you can spend your last hour relaxing and getting ready to sleep.
Think about something peaceful and relaxing while you are lying down ready to sleep, do not think about what you need to do the next day. Make notes for yourself during the day when there are tasks you need to do at certain times, so you aren’t up worrying about it.
Additional Tips for Getting Better Sleep
- Make sure your sleeping area is dark and quiet. Wear ear plugs if your partner snores.
- Don’t put too many blankets on the bed. It should be just warm enough, but not too warm.
- Try to go to bed and wake up at approximately the same time every day.
- Do not eat less than 3-4 hours before going to bed. If you find yourself hungry, eat a small starchy snack like a piece of toast or a few crackers. Do not eat anything sugary or hard to digest; popcorn, meat, salad.
- Do not drink caffeine too late in the day. It’s different for every one. Even chocolate can keep you up so avoid that in the evening. You shouldn’t be eating chocolate or drinking caffeine anyway, if you really want to help your herpes symptoms go away faster.
- Have a battery back up for your alarm clock so you won’t worry if the power goes out.
- Try to take deep relaxing breaths through out the day. While lying in bed, take slow deep breaths and say “relax” to yourself on the exhale.
These methods work if you try them, so no excuses. Don’t sabotage yourself, do what’s important to you and others will benefit as well when you feel better.
Tell a Friend